MAJOR PROJECT

 

30|08|2022
Ating Melvin Otobong Abang(0333700)

Major Project


INSTRUCTIONS

MAJOR PROJECT

WEEK 1
This week we met Mr. Asrizal our program director and lecturer for this module he then instructed us to Start thinking of what we wanted to do for the Major Project. 

We had three pathways to pick from which were 
1. one of the 17 UNSDG goals
2. Dissertation
3. Client 

Next week we were expecting a proposal for next week's meeting with Mr.Asrizal. 

WEEK 2
I made my project proposal slides and showed Mr.Asrisal the pathway I chose to work with was the Dissertation 

FIRST PROPOSAL


WEEK 3
After the consultation with Mr.Asrizal, I went back and changed a few things and concluded on some choices in terms of what tribe I wanted to work on and so. 

WEEK 4 
Today we met with our Supervisor for the duration of this project Mine Was Mr. Kannan, this week I showed him my Project idea and the direction we discussed and he said I should begin the character design process first by drawing silhouettes at least 12-20 for each character and show him next week.

WEEK 5  

I initially wanted to base this educational concept art book on 5 archetypes but I didn't think I would have time so I did two Character archetypes. 

This Week I sketched a few silhouettes for my character archetypes the Voodoo Priest and Warrior.
namely.

Character Silhouettes 



I had completed 20 rough silhouettes for the Voodoo priest I then had to choose which figure to choose and why I chose that one. 

During this week I moved to the next Character which was the Warrior I did this just as I did for the Voodoo Priest.

1st batch of 10 Warrior/Hunter Shiloettes 



2nd batch of 10 Warrior Shiloettes 

Weapon Silhouettes 


I then moved to try out some colors on the character 
silhouettes to get a feeling of what colors I'd like to use. 

Colour Exploration 
Voodoo Priest Colour testing

Warrior Colour testing

Line Art 

Priest Line Art


I chose this silhouette because I wanted the Voodoo priest to have a short build compared to other characters like the Warrior who will have a taller build. I wanted the priest to look short and wise. 

I then proceeded to paint after doing the line sketch here is my outcome below. 
Voodoo Priest Character Painted

Warrior/Hunter Line Art

The Warrior we're no particularly huge intimidating figure here is a bronze figure of a Benin warrior below. 
Benin Warrior's Bronze Figure

I then proceeded to paint after doing the line sketch here is my outcome below. 
Warrior Character painted 

The final outcome of the Voodoo Priest and Warrior Character design

Art Book Spread


REFLECTION
This project has really been a journey for me learning what it takes to do concept art, it's shown me the workflow of producing characters which seems easy at first but isn't.

overall I am pleased with how it turned out but hence I can do better, I have to know how to plan in making these characters as it took me longer than it should have. 

I enjoyed this semester I still have a bit more to learn but overall the process was tedious but enjoyable. 

Comments

Popular Posts