MOTION GRAPHICS/ COMPOSITING FINAL PROJECT


25|04|2022(week 11-week 15)
Ating Melvin Otobong Abang(0333700)

Motion Graphics/Compositing  
Final Project-Abstract Motion

INSTRUCTIONS

LECTURES
06/06/2022|Week 11
Lecture 11:Consultation week
During this week we had consultations with Mr.Fauzi for the final project of the semester, being the first consultation we had to use this week to come up and think of what we wanted to do.  

13/06/2022|Week 12
Lecture 12:Consultation week
No Lectures as of today each student showed Mr.Fauzi our proposal for our final project and got it approved so we can start working on it we were free to choose and go in any direction we wanted. 

13/06/2022|Week 13
Lecture 13:Consultation week


13/06/2022|Week 14
Lecture 14:Consultation week

PROJECT REQUIREMENTS:
Students are to use the information for any proposed channel (*existing or fictional)
• create mood board that reflects their concept/idea
• storyboard
• animatics
• explore appropriate audio to uplift the motion tempo

• Compiled work in progress in slide (*mood-board, style guide, sketches, storyboard, technical processes as posted in e-portfolio).
• Final output will include a 30 – 60 sec video (*.mp4, h2.64, 16:9 - 1920 X 1080, 25 fps, ACC, 48kHz, uploaded to YouTube channel)

FINAL PROJECT
I began thinking of an idea for the Final project and compiled my Idea proposal in a slide alongside the Moodboard, storyboard etc. 

 

I made sure i followed my storyboard as so i can have an idea of the direction each scene would look like, here is my storyboard below.
Fig 1.1 Scene 1-6

Fig 1.2 Scene 7-12

I then started the animation for the first 6 scenes and also marked the song's 30-second mark.

Fig 1.3 30 seconds mark

Then i began the animation process of the Lyric video in After effects, but before the animation process, i looked for png images to replace some of the lyrics so it would make the lyric video more entertaining and original.

Fig 1.4 Png images used

Kinetic-typography animation process
Fig 2.1 Animating in After effects 
Fig 2.2 Animating Continued

after that, i finished up the first 6 scenes and it turned out well so i continued the rest of the remaining scenes, 

scenes 7-1 later on when i'm done with the rest of the scenes I'll brush up on any issues i find along the way.
Fig 2.3 Starting scene 7
 
Fig 2.4 Scene 8

Fig 2.5 Scene 11

After that, i finished up the rest of the song and then proceeded to finish up and crosscheck everything, the lyrics, the timing the colors and motions, etc. 

it looked ready and i was satisfied with it following my storyboard design. 

here is the final outcome below enjoy :)


FEEDBACK
|Week 15
Mr.Fauzi commented on my work saying I should keep it simple and short that it looks good so far and i should finish up. 

REFLECTION
|Week 14
I was enjoying the project so far, my storyboard was ready and i began animating in after effects although it was difficult thinking of how i wanted the transitions to be and how i wanted the lyrics to move but it was going smoothly so far. 

|Week 15
I was finally done I do like the work I have done but I feel I could have planned it out a bit better, it was hard to do as it was an abstract piece so i wanted to do my take on a kinetic typography video which i enjoyed but i looked at what others had done and used that as a guide to understand the principles of how it works.

what i learned from previous projects fo this module helped as well.

overall I'd like to Thank Mr. Fauzi for his input and for guiding us during this semester.

I really learned a lot from him and the different applications Motion graphics has in this current digital age we live in. Thanks a lot for the semester. 

Comments

Popular Posts