ANIMATION FUNDAMENTALS FINAL PROJECT

 

02|06|2021(week 10-week 14)
Ating Melvin Otobong Abang(0333700)

Animation Fundamentals 
Final Project


INSTRUCTIONS


FINAL PROJECT

02/06/2021|Week 10
For the final project, we were required to make an animated 20-sec short trailer consisting of at least 5 shots, that depict the story written for the project. 

We Were to create our own storyline for the animated short trailer, here is mine below.


09/06/2021|Week 11
For my short animation, I went with the frame by frame method and  began drawing each action poses for the four scenes which were 

Scene 1 weightlifting 
Scene 2 Running
Scene 3 Push Up 
Scene 4 Ending pose

here is the series of my progression below 

Scene 1:weightlifting 
For the weightlifting scene, I sketched the first pose which raises the arms higher, this animation only needs two animated poses which are lifting the weights up and down. 
Fig 1.1 Lifting up pose

Fig 1.2 Holding pose
After I had sketched both poses I then moved to animate and used the sketches as a guide to drawing it in adobe animate after drawing I convert to a symbol so I can animate it frame by frame. 
Fig 1.3 Colored pose 

Fig 1.4 Animating poses

I had completed the animation for the weight lifting here is my final
 outcome below.

Lecturer Feedback: Looks good nothing to change finish up with the rest. 

I had also started working on the background for the scenes I had decided to go for one background throughout the whole short animation. 

here is the background process I did on photoshop below.

BACKGROUND PROCESS

Fig 1.5 Outline sketch 

I wanted the background to have some elements of a jungle-like place with open space and a unique attribute which would be the gate.

1.6 Gate finished 
I then finished sketching the gate and painting(coloring) it, most of what was left for me was to color the scene. 
Fig 1.7 Continuation

Fig 1.8 Continuation(2)

I then started focusing on the ground and fields 
Fig 1.9 Continuation(3)
here's my final outcome for the background below

Fig 2.0 Final Outcome
Lecturer Feedback: Very Nice

16/06/2021|Week 12
I continued with the rest of the scenes this time starting with scene 2 the running scene 

Scene 2 Running
For the running scene, I reused the run cycle I did from my project 1 with a bit of change in terms of positioning so it moves across the background rather than in one place. 

Fig 2.1 Running poses

the major change i did was to enlarge it a reduce the number from thirteen back to seven as it was too large and for me to preserve MIMI's size. i did it so it could be consistent across all scenes. 

here is my running scene's final outcome below


23/06/2021|Week 13
I continued with the rest of the scenes this time starting with scene 3  the Push-up scene.

Scene 3:Push-Up 
For the push-up scene, I sketched first in photoshop this consist of two poses the push-up and the push-down. 
Fig 2.2 push up

Fig 2.3 Push down 

After getting the pose done i moved to adobe animate to animate the poses. 
Fig 2.4 Colourized Push up

Fig 2.5 Colourized Push down

here is the final outcome below. 

30/06/2021|Week 14 
I had reached my final scene for the short animation, so i began with my final scene which was the ending pose. 

Scene 4:Ending pose
The ending poses consist of one stationary pose, what i decided to animate was the MiMi's hair moving. 

i made my sketches in photoshop first here are my sketch below. 

Fig 2.6 Layers

here are all four hair animations below 

Fig 2.7 Hair sketches
Here is the outcome below

then i decided to make the intro for the animation on after effects and for that, i decided to make a logo for MiMi.

Fig 2.8 MIMI logo

I then moved to After effects to animate the intro with the logo i made in photoshop.

Fig 2.9 Animating the intro in After Effects

Here's the outcome of the intro below.

Final Phase(Compilation)
I had reached the final phase which entails bringing all the scenes together in adobe after effects and including background music, i decided not to add sound effects i tried adding but the animation being 30sec was too fast for them so i just added BG music only.

Fig 3.0 Editing in Adobe premiere pro

here is the link to my final Animated short below



Reflection 
This final project has really been a journey for me learning what it takes to animate even something as short as 20 seconds has made me appreciate animated shows i watch, as for the final outcome of my animation i worked so hard to provide quality but to be honest, I know i can do better but nevertheless, I'd like to thank my Lecturer for Ms. Jennifer for guiding me throughout and having the patience to deal with my concerns.

I enjoyed this project and this semester as a whole has had me reflecting on my skills and sharpening areas too, as i handled each project i could see certain bits improving as i progressed. 

Comments

Popular Posts