DRAFT DISSERTATION



15|04|2020(week 1-06)
Ating Melvin Otobong Abang(0333700)

Draft Dissertation

INSTRUCTIONS



LECTURES

15/04/2020|Week 01
Lecture 01: Module Briefing
Today was the first day for the continuation of our research module, Mrs.Hayati went through the MIB(Module Information Booklet)with us informing us on the expectations and criteria for this module. A brief overview was given and how this module flows directly from our previous research methodology.

In our first task or project 1, we needed to prepare a draft dissertation within 6 weeks and include all pour relevant data both primary and secondary data from our research and must identify relevant themes from our data collected over the previous semester's research and must be not less than 7000 words.
 
22/04/2020|Week 02
Lecture 02: Literature Review
A lot of us were quite confused about what direction to go in terms of our literature review section especially me.

A literature review is simply a cross-comparison of various research papers or articles in order to extract relevant themes which are relevant to your research, this process isn't that easy and that's were a literature matrix comes in handy.

29/04/2020|Week 03
Lecture 03: Literature Review
In this lecture, Mrs. Hayati showed us the slides on Literature reviews and a few a sample dissertation from the previous batch to explain how it's written and laid out. 

6/05/2020|Week 04
Lecture 04: Methodology section
Today Mrs.Hayati showed us the slides on how our methodology section should look like in our draft dissertation and how we should write in such a way where the readers aren't left confused or lost. 

20/05/2020|Week 05
Lecture 05: Discussion section
We were taught and instructed on how we should construct our discussion section and the purpose of the dissertation section here are a few pointers
  1. Shows a critical and in-depth evaluation of your research.
  2. discuss Answers to your research question has it been answered or not.
  3. Explanation of your findings.
20/05/2020|Week 06
Lecture 06: Introduction, Conclusion and Abstract section
The manner in which we should carry out this section are discussed in the slides below.


DRAFT DISSERTATION 

15/04/2020|Week 01
I used this week to go back to my previous research and prepare a few things like my data from my online interview and visual analysis.

22/04/2020|Week 02
I then worked on the literature review matrix this week and cross-compared against a few literatures from last week. 
here is mine.

29/04/2020|Week 03
i had complete the first draft of the literature review section by Sunday. This was my first draft for my draft dissertation which was unfinished

6/05/2020|Week 04
I moved on to review and complete my methodology section of the draft dissertation.

20/05/2020|Week 05
I continued fine-tuning my literature review section and was done with it and moved on to the next section.

20/05/2020|Week 06
I finished my conclusion, introduction and abstract, the whole dissertation should be completed as of this week. 

This is my first final draft of the final dissertation with an Issue.
Plagiarism Issue: I later finished the final draft dissertation but found out I had plagiarized with a similarity of 26% on Turnitin the minimum was 15% my lecturer Mrs. Hayati Immediately informed me of this warned me and instructed me to revisit the MIB and make necessary changes as soon as possible, I had apologized for my mistakes and moved to analyze and resolve the affected areas, here is the Full Dissertation. 

Amended Final Draft Dissertation: I had finished all corrections and properly cited my sources using the APA format and paraphrased the Authors words Appropriately. Here is the Amended Final Dissertation

PROGRESSION SHEET
All my progression and feedbacks can be seen here on the weekly progression sheet.

Comments

Popular Posts