3D MODELING PROJECT 2/FINAL PROJECT


07|06|2021(week 11-week 14)
Ating Melvin Otobong Abang(0333700)
3D Modeling 
Project-2/Final Project


INSTRUCTION


PROJECT-2
07/06/2021|Week 11
For this project, we are required to create a character based on our own idea. This project will focus on organic (curves and smooth surface) mesh building with the understanding of anatomy, muscle, and
proper mesh/topology flow implementation catering for rig setups and UVW Layouts for texturing. E.g. models ± humans, monsters, vegetation, etc. 

We needed to submit our references, mood board showing our ideas in Google Classroom. 

As for me, I planned on doing a Ninja Pikachu which is inspired by a bit of Naruto here is my Moodboard below. 

Fig 1.0 Moodboard 

Lecturer's Feedback: start modeling looks good to go.

14/06/2021|Week 12
After received the go-head from my lecturer i started to model in Z brush starting with the normal sphere.

Fig 1.1 Sphere 

from there I slowly progressed to getting the basic form of Pikachu's head here are the different views below. 
Fig 1.2 Pikachu head front view

Fig 1.3 Pikachu head back view

Fig 1.4 Pikachu head side(left)view

Fig 1.5 Pikachu head side(right) front view

21/06/2021|Week 13
After managing model the head I moved on to the next phase of my model which was the full body of Pikachu I call it the base model. 

Fig 1.6 Full body Pikachu(base model)

i had also started to test out how the colors would look on the base model I had just used a matte cap color to test it. 

Fig 1.7 Back view

Fig 1.8 Front view(detailed)

I slowly started adding Details into the Base model. 

Lecturer's Feedback: Looks Good so far, for the rest you can poly-paint the rest of the details and accessories when you're done.

278/06/2021|Week 14

This week i moved unto the poly painting of the details and accessories and finally rendering it and making my A4 poster of the model in  Photoshop. 

i chose to poly paint the model as anytime i kept trying to bake my UV maps my Z brush kept crashing so i ask my lecturer and he said i could poly paint my model. 

 
Fig 1.9 Front view(mask)   

I had started adding accessories like a ninja mask to cover his mouth.
                                                                                       
Fig 2.0 Back view(Mask)

Fig 2.1 Side(left) View

RENDERING
I had finished modeling accessories being a shirt, a mask and an eye patch to cover his eyes and i also added red eyes(pupils, using the clay and clay build-up brush.

Fig 2.2 Rendering model

Fig 2.3 First Outcome

Lecturer's Feedback: It's too dark try to reposition the direction of your light, add some light to the left of the model it's too dark. 

So i then redid the render and added light to the left side and other areas as well.

Fig 2.4 Second Outcome

it was looking better than the first outcome so i also changed the background too see how it would look and added more light to the left and also included shadows. 

Fig 2.5 Third Outcome

I liked the background and the lighting so i kept it here is my final outcome below i also added a stone where he can stand on. 

FINAL OUTCOME

Fig 2.6 Front view

Fig 2.7 Back view

Fig 2.8 Side(left)view

Fig 2.9  Side(right)view

We were required to make a poster of each side of the model for the submission i designed mine using photoshop, here is my A4 poster below. 

Fig 3.0 Poster

I wasn't able to upload mine on Sketchfab as it said the file was too big, my lecturer said not to work that i can just submit my poster and the Zbrush file on google classroom.  

REFLECTION
This project has been a wild ride for me as we all were rushing for the final week, both having other final projects from other modules to complete also, we had to combine both project 2 and the final project into one, overall my experience doing them wasn't easy and i feel i could have done better if given more time. 

But I'm proud of the final outcome I'd like to thank my lecturer for helping me throughout the stages where i was confused, Zbrush is hard to get a grasp of it but also needs patience which resulted in me watching a lot of youtube for help. 

Comments

Popular Posts