ANIMATION FUNDAMENTALS PROJECT 2

 


14|04|2021(week 7-week 10)
Ating Melvin Otobong Abang(0333700)

Animation Fundamentals 
Project-2


INSTRUCTIONS


LECTURES

12/05/2021|Week 07
Lecture 07:Project 2 briefing 
This week we moved on to project 2, we were given a briefing on what's it's all about which was about character lip sync and acting, and lastly character expression. 

here are the PDF slides for this week.


19/05/2021|Week 08
Lecture 08: No classes Due to Online independent learning week

PROJECT-1
12/05/2021|Week 07
we are required to animate a Character Acting Animation and Lip Sync with Adobe Animate and also make a character facial expression sheet.

Remember to animate at 25 frames per second!
Deadline: 11th JUNE 2021

Submission format: 
- Adobe Animate work file (Video Ratio/Render Size Setting: 1280 x 720p, 25 Frames per second)
- MOV/MP4 file, as long as your Lecturer is able to view it.
- A JPeG Image of your character's expression sheet in black and white (Just the facial expressions, no need body!)

I first chose what audio I would like to do for the character acting and lip-sync I chose the LOTR you shall not pass.
here is the audio clip below. 


Then after choosing the audio I would like to work on I started the facial expression and choose a reference I would like to use. 

i tried out with Morty from Rick and Morty.

Fig 1.1 Morty Reference

then this is Mimi's facial expression sheet inspired by Morty.

Fig 1.2 Mimi's Facial Expression Sheet.

Lecturer Feedback: It's Good, the bottom right character the mouth can make it red like the top left.

here is the amended version below.

Fig 1.3 Amended

here it is in black and white
Fig 1.4 Black and white version
12/05/2021|Week 08
I then drew the sketches for the voice acting "you shall not pass" which entails 4 poses one for each in photoshop. 

here are my poses below. 
Fig 1.5 "You" Sketch

Fig 1.6 "Shall" Sketch

Fig 1.7 "Not" Sketch

Fig 1.8 "Pass" Sketch
26/05/2021|Week 09
After I had completed all the sketches for each individual pose I transferred it to animate to of course animate it here is the process below. 

But first here is my background I make in photoshop for the character acting.
Fig 1.9 Background
now for the adobe animate process below. 

Fig 2.1 "You"

Fig 2.2 "Shall"

Fig 2.3 "Not"

Fig 2.4 "Pass"
I decided to add another MIMI inside the frame so should have something to point at for the "you" so she's talking to an actual person. 

02/06/2021|Week 10

I had finally completed the animation for the character acting and it looked good I'm happy with the results here is my final outcome below.


Reflection 
For this project it took hard work and patience to time the animation to the voice note or recording and also planning or timing the keyframes too was key. overall I could have done better but I'm happy with the results. 

Comments

Popular Posts