VIDEO AND SOUND PRODUCTION FINAL PROJECT




10/10/19 - 29/11/19 (Week 7 - Week 14)
Ating Melvin Otobong Abang (0333700)
Video and Sound Production
Final Project


INSTRUCTIONS



FINAL PROJECT - STOP MOTION
October 14th, 2019

For our final project, we are required to compose a minute of stop motion animation video. I was initially partnered with Ehiti for this project but it didn't work out as he wasn't really efficient and he wasn't around much
.

#Idea 1 
My first idea was to make a comedy with Ehiti but it wasn't working out as he wasn't my partner anymore so i worked individually,

I initially wanted to make a ball that morphs into a chameleon and they fight over a ball and the ball becomes a snake and eats them. 

#Idea 2
I changed my idea to a playful genre of 3 worms and 1 worm playing with a ball and it wanted it for itself.

VISUAL STYLE

Fig 1.1 Clay bird

Fig 1.2 Guldies 
I was going of Something simple and not really Complex for now as Mr. Martin advised it can have a simple plot to it and still be good stop motion.
and the entire thing is made out of Clay, claymation.

The selling point/I like the most of my stop motion project would be the style and the Use of mix media but for now, I am slowly moving towards claymation.



STORYBOARD

Storyboard 1
                             
Continuation of Storyboard

STORY PLOT

The Story plot is about 3 worms I will be creating out of clay and how the red worm want's to keep the green ball for himself.
                            
Production
Materials used
1) Modeling Clay (Red/Blue/Yellow/Light Green/Black)
2) Stainless Wire
3) A2 Board(Black)


Props Used 
1) Tripod Stand
2) DLSR Camera


Fig 2.1 Modeling clay

Editing Process


Fig   Adjusting the frames
i adjusted the frames to 3 because when making the timeline the was on 2 and that was slow, so i moved it up to 3 frames.
Adding the Images to the Timeline
then I added images to the timeline and arranged it in the sequence it's meant to be arranged in.

Adding the Audio
After the Arrangement, I proceeded to add the Audio in the video sequence i found the Audio via Freesound.com

i used 5 sounds

1.For the movement of the body 
2.For the ball 
3.The picking up the ball 
4.The Dropping of the ball 
5.The Annoyed or angry expression.

FINAL OUTCOME

i was done with the arrangement and matching of the sound to the 30-sec sequence mine was 24sec so I was short of 6 seconds i couldn't increase the frame any further so I stuck with what i did. 

here is the final 30-sec video



FEEDBACK:

The feedback I received was to make the sound of the worms or snakes subtle and alien-like, but i couldn't i needed to make the sound recognizable and familiar to the audience and that's why i chose the sound you hear on the final cut. 

Comments

Popular Posts