ILLUSTRATION& VISUAL NARRATIVE EXERCISES.

EXERCISES


4 April 2019 - 28 May 2019(week 01- week 09)
 Ating Otobong Melvin Abang(0333700)
Illustration and Visual Narrative Exercises

INSTRUCTIONS 


Exercises
week 1
Exercise 1 I wasn't Around for Week one, But hearing from my classmates and meeting Mr.Hafiz for a recap on week one and during the recap he showed me what the first exercise was which was the Vormator Challenge and also showed me how to use the pen tool to trace the forms provided to our vormator. While creating vormator, we can not distort the forms. The forms we can use by tracing them are as follows. 
Fig 1.1 Vormator Shapes.
Fig 1.2 My custom Vormator Character Outline.
I didn't really have any character reference as everything is from my head and that makes it unique to me, I wanted Originality when making this. I make them twins 2 in one. 

Fig 1.3 My Character Niko and Viko in Colour.

PDF SUBMISSION 



Week 2

Exercise 2

I came this week and I didn't have the 3 tone markers Gray and Black But nevertheless class continued, as usual, Today we had Mr. Redzwan teaching us how to use markers and perspective drawing to shade fundamental 3D forms. 





We rendered shapes and objects with markers 






An Assignment was given out to test what we learnt in class so we were to figure out where to draw the shadow, mid-tone based on where the light source was coming from.



The Light source coming from the right so based on what we learnt in class we shade according to the light source.
The Light Source Coming from the left so based on what we learnt in class we shade according to the light source.


Week 3

Exercise 3

We've learned digitally how to shade today. And Used a pear and we trace it with the pen tool and then separate it with the pathfinder and the brush tool.


Pear
Fig 3.2 My pear 
I wanted to make the Pear special so I put a gradient on the layer and followed the due procedure.

For the next one, we were to use a skull, but with the same technique /procedure.

Fig 3.3 Skull 
Fig 3.4 Pear with the skull. 
Week 4

Exercise 4 

Today we learnt how to draw facial expression with Mr. Redzwan 
and that when drawing facial expressions it can be of anything and it doesn't necessarily have to be humans alone.
And that also when drawing we should try as much as possible to not have double lines but one stroke. 

Fig 4.1 Example by me and Mr.Redwan
I was struggling at first then Mr. Redzwan did some examples with me not all but just a few. 
Fig 4.2  First facial exercise. 
 I did this on my own as an exercise which was really fun. 
Fig 4.3 Facial expressions of a girl 

Fig 4.4 facial expression of a Baby 

Fig 4.5 Facial Expression Assignment 
I drew this digitally i took some time but i really like this piece i did as it was quite hard to think of.


Exercise 5
Week 7

Lines - Manual
Today's class we started off with Mr Redzwan with drawing lines and ways of shading with lines.

Fig 5.1  Lines drawn with even pressure.
Fig 5.2 Vertical Strokes and Strokes in perspective 16
Different treatments. 

Exercise 06

Week 07

Mr Hafiz instructed us how to shade within a specific region after Mr Redzwan's class so that the lines only appear within the region we wished. For the pear and here's mine, we had to do 6 shadings.







                                               



                                               








                                       


.                                           






















                             
         





Comments

Popular Posts