ILLUSTRATION AND VISUAL NARRATIVE FINAL PROJECT.

FINAL PROJECT


20 June 2019 - 12 July 2019 (week 12 - week 15)
Ating Otobong Melvin Abang (0333700)
Illustration and Visual Narrative-Final Project.


INSTRUCTIONS


Final Project 
Week 12
For the final project, Mr.Hafiz briefed us about the final project which was to make a triptych artwork inspired by one the 5 songs by Frank Sinatra and we were to pick one out of the songs and illustrate our version of the song and animate it. 

These are the songs given:
Fly me to the moon
The way you look tonight
the Girl from Ipanema 
Come fly with me 
After going through all the songs and listening to each of them on Spotify I scanned through the Lyrics and then I finally chose "Fly Me to the moon". 

MOODBOARDS 
Mood board
I started off with the mood board so i have an idea of what i wanted to do for the final project.
CONCEPT BOARD



These are the elements I wanted to be present in my final work showing flight, spring and Jupiter and Mars. and also in my concept board includes the part of the lyric I want to show or express. 

COLOR BOARD
Colour Board.
For my color board, I was representing the night sky and also aspects of space so I needed a dark tone to the colors I chose for this project. 

SKETCHES.
Here are my sketches




This is the first sketch i did and this is of a girl in a school uniform waiting for something.


This is the Second Sketch i did and this is off a  boy and a girl, in which the Girl point's at the moon with a few clouds in the composition.

Well, this is really a sketch but a suggestion that Mr. Hafiz gave and I took his advice on that. 
which was to draw the moon and a character going towards it or flying floating etc. The emphasis is on the Direction.

PROCESS OF FINAL WORK



 I started off with sketching a girl levitating in scene 1.

Then i finished the sketch of the girl and then began drawing a sketch of the moon and the girl levitating towards it.

 And i Then detailed the moon and began adding color to the girl i gave her purple skin because i wanted her to be an alien that longs to go back into space.

Then i further experimented on her skin color.


Then I added some trees and color to both the background and the trees and that was my first scene.


For my second scene, i sketched her in space and added color but i hadn't drawn the background yet.

This is how my scene 2 looked when it was done i wanted this to be an original piece so i didn't refer to anything all this was from my head.
And this is the final scene where she holds mars in her hands looking at it this interprets the part of the song that says "let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars" But i chose to represent only Mars and the grass representing spring. 
JPG OF THE TRYIPICH FINAL WORK

HERE IS THE LINK FOR MY ANIMATION VIDEO








Comments

Popular Posts